Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DC Media Hearts GOP

An odd thing is happening with that "Liberal Media", they don't seem very liberal, and they seem to be living in a bubble. Now I don't think they are "conservative" to be honest I have always thought they were corprotists, to beholden to big business which is more interested in profit than journalism. Now I think another part of the problem is that for all the news shows, we get the same talking heads and pundits, rehashing the same points to each other till an echo chamber is created which blocks out all other thoughts.

The DC media elite love to hear their own voices, and 24 hour cable news has given them an echo chamber, and I believe we now see how clueless they really are. Jane Hamsher of the blog Firedoglake and Markos Moulitsas of Daily Kos have looked into this media bubble, and have written some great posts about it.

Ms. Hamsher deconstructs the DC media's love of the "GOP obstructionists" and Markos has the research that shows those DC media types are just wrong.

They both point out that for many of the upper middle class and above in DC, they live in an economic and political bubble and they remain largely insulated from the troubles hitting the rest of the country. I have to hope the bubble bursts soon, but I have my doubts.

No comments: