Friday, March 03, 2006

Senate Votes to Extend USA Patriot Act.

I am not sure how I feel about this. There are parts of the USA Patriot Act that make sense and needed to be done to keep up with technology, but given as a whole I think I side with Senator Feingold (D-WI) on its passage. Yet yesterday the Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation to renew “the sweeping antiterror law known as the USA Patriot Act.”

Senator Feingold, who was one of ten senators to vote against the bill has vowed to keep working to make it better fit in the constitution. The Senator said, “This fight is not over, Mr. President. … I am convinced that in the end, the government will respond to the people, as it should.”

During the debate Senator Feingold even read the entire US Constitution making sure to emphasize the 4th Ammendment.

No comments: